Monday, December 14, 2009

Winter Tablescape

I wanted to share with you a Winter Tablescape I did for the Holiday Season. I was able to create this "Winter Wonderland"  with items I already had on hand. The greenery was the only item I had to find. Lucky for me the Utility company cut back a bunch of large pine trees from the power lines by my home. Free greenery !



For the base I used two glass cylinder vases, one smaller than the other. Place the smaller vase inside the larger vase . Carefully fill the larger vase with the sea glass. I used a large skewer to manipulate the glass pieces to fill in any gaps. You can fill your vase with many different items. You could use candy, cranberries, small ornaments, nuts, the possibilities are endless. I like to use a filler because the greenery stems are not attractive in a clear glass vase. Fill the smaller vase with water and a flower preservative. Be careful not to get water in the larger vase.




I added to the vase my free greenery, 3 faux stems of Bells of Ireland and curly willow branches. I hung a few of my antique silver and mercury glass ornaments from the curly willow branches for a little sparkle.
I set the vase on top of a found piece of driftwood. Sprinkle the table with faux snow . I added some large pine cones, 3 silver candlesticks and a charming family of vintage celluloid deer.









I also decorated the mirror above the tablescape using greenery, ribbon, antique crystals, vintage glass ornaments and faux icicles.








No comments: